What do you see when you first look at this picture? Imagine looking at the picture upside down. Do you see anything different? Use evidence from the picture to support your point. Explain how looking at something from a different point of view can affect your understanding of what you see. After making a response, comment on at least one post on why you agree or disagree.

Willam: When I first see the picture, it looked like a old lady. But when I turned it upside down it was a middle-aged woman.
ReplyDeleteI agree.
DeleteWillam: When I first see the picture, it looked like a old lady. But when I turned it upside down it was a middle-aged woman.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what makes you think she is middle aged.
DeleteI see a sad old lady, but if I turn it upside down it turns into a young lady with a smile,
ReplyDeleteI agree. I wonder what young lady was wearing.
DeleteAs with this picture, when you look at something from a different perspective it may look different. When this picture is upside down it is a princess instead of a granny. Some essays may seem fine but when someone else reads it it is not fine.
ReplyDeleteI like the word perspective that you put down. A different perspective gives you a different vantage point.
DeleteI agree that looking from a different point of view because if you look at something incorrectly then you will not see the full picture.
ReplyDeleteLooking at something from a different point of view can yield different results. For example, the reader may know who the villain is, but the characters might not.
ReplyDeleteI agree. People each have very different ideas about the world around them, and what one knows, another may not. This can also help develop characters in literature.
DeleteI think I see an old man because of the slight grin and the wrinkles are ever so present on this picture.
ReplyDeleteAt first I see an old woman face with hair. But after I have look at the picture upside down, I see something very different. I can see an young girl's face with long hair. Also that girl is wearing a crown on her head.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you because I saw the same thing!
DeleteI completely agree with @marie2024.
DeleteWhen I first saw the picture i saw an ugly and mad old lady, when I flipped it I saw a pretty pretty princess. This shows that the point of view can change how you feel about a subject.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw this picture I saw this very ugly lady that was sad, but when I looked at it upside down, it looked like a happy girl that was smiling.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first see the picture, it looked like an old lady. But when I turned it upside down it was a middle-aged woman.
ReplyDeleteI agree with William
I agree that if you look at something from a different point it looks different because when I first saw the picture I thought it was an old lady but when I flipped it upside down it was a princess.
ReplyDeleteI agree, that looking at something at a different point of view can change what we can see. Because first I see an old woman because of the wrinkles and then I see a young girl wearing a crown.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first see the picture I see an old lady with a lot of hair and a big nose, but when I look at it upside down I see a pretty pretty princess! When you see something you might see it differently when you look at it in a different way you might see something different.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first look at the picture, I see an old grandma. When I look at it upside down, I see a princess. Turn it upside down, you'll see the princess' crown, her hair, and diff. features. Secondly, your point of view, may not be the same as everybody else's.
ReplyDeleteAt first it looked like an old hag that was morphing into a tree, but when I turned the screen upside down it looked like a princess with bushy hair.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw the picture I immediately saw an ugly old lady but when I turned the picture upside down I saw a pretty lady.
ReplyDeleteI agree with william.
When I first see the picture I see an old lady with wrinkles and then when you turn it upside down I see a Girl with a crown on. What gave it away was the crown and the eyes to me.
ReplyDeleteI agree, what I saw before the princess was the old lady and that means, don't judge a book by its cover.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you 100% Alexa.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first see this picture, I see an old man, but as I turn it upside down, it looks like a queen. Looking at things from different perspectives can affect your understanding by giving several people several different ways to look at things. One's worthlessness may be another's usefulness. I agree with Tristan Hanna (HannaT2024).
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw the picture it looked like a person with the eyebrows under the eyes. When I saw the picture upside down, I saw a queen or something.
ReplyDeleteI agree because at first sight you would see an old lady, at that angle your brain shows it as an old lady but when you flip it you see it as a girl. This is usually called an optical illusion because it tricks your brain into thinking you are looking at a old lady then you saw a girl.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first look at the picture, I see a depressed old lady, and the captioning says that is what she looks like before her marriage. When I looked at the picture upside down, I see a pretty young lady, a queen. The captioning said that is what she looks like after marriage. Looking at something from a different point of view can affect my understanding of what I see because you could make labels for that person that they don't want to be.
ReplyDeleteI saw an old lady then turned it upside down and saw a young lady.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture, I see a sad old woman. When I look at it upside down, I see a happy young woman with a crown on her head. Looking at something from a different point of view can tell you how different characters feel about certain situations and can make you see things differently.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with Ethan F. because you see it one way, but then you notice it another way in a different perspective.
DeleteAt first, I saw a big-nosed only woman, but when I flipped it upside down, I saw a bearded princess which had an extreme hairstyle. This shows that point of view can change a reader's opinion by presenting it differently.
ReplyDeleteUpon seeing the picture, I thought of it as an old lady. After turning it upside down, however, it appeared to be a princess. The point of view often has a major impact on the story. Depending on the point of view, there may be more or less detail, or the narrator may have a different opinion on the story.
ReplyDeleteI see an old lady that looks angry.I see that she look younger and she seem more happy.It affected me because I first saw an old lady but then I turn it around and it was a princess that had a crown.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture I see an ugly old women that is fairly mad. You look one way, you see something, but when you look at it, you see a princess through a different perspective. So yes you can see it from two different perspective.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLooking at something at a different point of view can affect what you see both in pictures and in text. Most of the time, it should help you understand what the meaning or purpose of the picture or text is. If you are willing to look at something at a different angle, you can uncover some secrets. Sometimes, something is not always what it seems, for example, this drawing of a grandma is also a princess. I agree.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first look at this picture, I see a sad and distraught old woman, however, when I look at it in another perspective (upside down), it turns into a queen. I think it turns into a queen due to the crown that is on top of her head. This shows me that not everything is what it looks like. For example, someone who you think is your friend, may not be your friend.
ReplyDelete